Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Justice For Michael: My Thoughts on "Dr." Conrad Murray

It's been a long while since I've BLOGGED, I suppose I haven't had as much to say as I initially thought when I started this BLOG. But today, I've got something to say.

I've been thinking about Dr. Murray. And you know, I get that a doctor is JUST a doctor, not God. I understand that sometimes there's just nothing you can do to save that life...and I understand that sometimes if you'd have been quicker on your feet...that you MIGHT not have lost that patient..... and not being fast enough...or flat out being out done by the injury/illness isn't cause to call the doctor a murderer or treat him as such.

BUT in the case of Conrad Murray I just don't feel like its the same. I don't feel like it was just one of those things... just that 1 in 20 that you can't save. In this case, Conrad is the CAUSE. I wouldn't even consider it accidental considering he was aware of the risk. He knowingly administered a drug to Michael to treat his insomnia that isn't even FOR insomnia. He gave Michael a drug used in surgery rooms, under very closely monitored conditions. Not only did he leave MJ unattended, he didn't have any of the proper equipment to administer to or monitor Michael.

He wants to use the excuse that Michael demanded it, that he was already addicted to it and other prescription drugs as well..but that's irrelevant. Ever see a show called CELEBRITY REHAB w/ Dr. DREW PENSKY? Those people are addicts and are under his care, you don't see him giving out coke, meth & heroine in even SMALL doses...claiming to be weaning them from the drugs. Those people go cold turkey, no matter how agitated they become, mo matter how much they may vomit or even seize... you don't see Dr. Drew going, well, maybe just a little bit of coke for you, Since you're cranky and asking for it. He tends to their vitals and gives them therapy. Why couldn't Conrad Murray just do that? Why couldn't he JUST do as he was trained? Make sure Michael was in good health, take his vitals, find alternative ways to help him sleep. Oh yea, I forget, its because Michael ASKED for it. If I ASK you to stab me... does that mean DO IT? Stab me in my leg and then say "I didn't stab her in a place that should have killed her.."..?

Conrad Murray needs to own up to his poor care of Michael, he needs to own up to administering drugs to a known addict (MJ was indeed dependent on certain drugs) and he needs to be justly punished. Nothing done to Conrad will bring Our Dear Michael back...but his family....his children deserve justice...and even perhaps it'll be a wake up call to other celebrity doctors.... stop giving them "special treatment"... we're losing far too many wonderfully gifted people these days. Far too young & far too soon.

Michael always said, you can do anything if you want it bad enough and work hard enough for it. We want JUSTICE and we want it bad. Justice for Michael. Justice for Prince Michael, I. Justice for Paris Michael Katherine. Justice for Prince Michael, II. Justice for his mother Katherine & his father Joe. Justice for his siblings, Rebbie, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, LaToya, Randy & Janet. Justice for the whole Jackson Family. Justice for those who lost a dear friend. Justice for the lost children. Justice for every heart Michael ever touched. We demand it. We'll raise our voices as one and seek it until it is given.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that is a very composed and classy summary of the situation. I completely agree with everything you have said...

    ReplyDelete